2020 ISPA Foundation Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Application
The ISPA Foundation Mary Tabacchi Scholarship was created in 2006 through the International SPA Association Foundation and is named in honor of industry pioneer and Cornell University Associate Professor Mary H. Tabacchi, Ph.D., R.D. Students interested in a spa management-related career are encouraged to apply.
The 2020 ISPA Foundation Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Recipient Receives:
A $5,000 scholarship for tuition reimbursement.
Complimentary registration and travel expense stipend for the 2020 ISPA Conference & Expo in National Harbor, Maryland, October 14-16.
A one-year mentor from the ISPA Foundation Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Selection Committee.
A complimentary, one-year ISPA Student Membership.
Please carefully review the eligibility requirements before completing the application. A selection committee will review applications based on the following requirements.
1. Will be a junior, senior or grad student in the upcoming school year, enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s or master’s program of a related discipline, i.e. business, health science, hospitality or spa management, and pursuing a spa management/spa leadership/spa entrepreneurial-related career. Please note, students applying for this scholarship must be enrolled in classes for the fall 2020 semester to be eligible.
2. Has completed or is enrolled in courses with a strong emphasis in business, management, analytics and/or entrepreneurship.
3. Has a minimum GPA (or international equivalent) of 3.0.
4. Has completed/is currently completing a spa-related internship/externship or has conducted/currently conducting a project, paper, research initiative, etc. that has a demonstrated focus on the spa industry and can provide details of the skills and experiences gained during said internship/externship or project/paper/research initiative in his/her resume.
5. Is involved in on/off-campus organizations and demonstrates leadership roles held in such organizations.
6. Agrees to be a mentor to the 2021 Mary Tabacchi scholarship recipient.
7. Submits the following required materials:
a. A completed scholarship application including detailed responses to Section 3 Essay Questions;
b. Original college transcripts that include evidence of courses taken and current GPA (or international equivalent);
c. Two reference letters;
d. A professional resume.
If you have questions regarding eligibility contact
Do you meet the eligibility requirements identified above?
Please answer question 1 before continuing.