Professional Scorers - Working from home
Scorers will work from their homes, evaluating student responses to subject-related open-ended questions according to a customer supplied scoring guide. Candidates must qualify after completion of training in order to begin scoring.
Pearson offers compensation packages that reward exceptional quality and productivity. Scoring is generally compensated at a wage of $15/hour with additional incentives paid based on daily and weekly performance (up to $150 per week).
- Conferred a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college (If you received your degree outside of the United States, a Foreign Equivalency Report is required stating that you have an equivalent of at least 4-year degree in the United States. It is your responsibility to obtain this report. You may email your report to HR if you receive an offer of employment).
- Eligible to work in the United States
- All scoring and other work activities must be completed in the United States
- Teaching experience is preferred
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Familiarity with using computer hardware (mouse, keyboard, webcam and headset/earphone/speaker)
- Basic knowledge and comfortability in using Microsoft Applications, specifically video conferencing and chat features
- Ability to maintain a confidential work environment
- Access to a home or office computer that meets the requirements of the scoring system, internet service, and telephone connection. For security reasons, readers may not use shared office computers or work from institutional or public computer labs.
- Upon hire, Pearson requires employees to have access to a mobile device with texting capabilities to support Microsoft Authentication (Multi-Factor Authenticator) to provide the most secure sign-in experience and continuous access to Pearson systems.
- Evaluates student responses to open-ended questions in a reliable manner and scores according to customer supplied scoring guide.
- Successfully internalizes training and customer scoring guide.
- May be required to pass qualifying test before scoring.
- Must be able to put aside personal biases and apply scoring guide according to customer requirements.
- Must be committed to working the required number of hours each week for duration of the project.
- Meets rate and quality management standards established for project.
Currently supported operating systems (OS) for Pearson's scoring system
Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel x86 compatible
Operating System: Windows 8, 10 or Mac OS X 10.6 or above
Internet Browser: Google Chrome (latest); Safari (Mac, latest), Microsoft Edge (latest)
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB preferred)
Hard Drive Space: 950 MB
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher
Internet Connection: High-Speed Internet Connection*
Please note that we do not currently support scoring on mobile phones or tablets with the iOS or Android systems, or on computers running Linux or Mac OS 10.5 or older.
* ePEN is not compatible with all Cellular-Radio Frequency Broadband and Satellite modems, or Dial-Up connection speeds slower than 56k; some projects may require a high-speed connection. **
** You may not score from a public Wi-Fi hotspot, such as a coffee shop, restaurant, airport, etc. This violates our security protocol and is not permitted. Dial-up connection speeds slower than 56K are not supported.