CalAPA Assessor Experience Qualifications:
Pearson offers compensation packages that reward exceptional quality and productivity. Scoring is generally compensated at $37 per cycle scored, with training paid $19/hr.
To be eligible to score the California Administrator Performance Assessment (CalAPA), an applicant MUST meet the following requirements and attest to these requirements at least once annually.
• Hold a current California Clear or Life Administrative Services Credential
Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience as a California education professional in one (1) or more of the following capacities:
• TK-12 administrator in California
• A member of a CTC-approved preliminary or clear administrative services preparation program
Be a current California education professional, or have retires within the past 3 years in one (1) or more of the following capacities:
• TK-12 administrator in California
• University/program educator providing instruction within a CTC-accredited preliminary or clear administrative services preparation program
Adhere to the following confidentiality requirements:
• Maintain the confidentiality of the assessment materials and knowledge gained as a result of participating in scoring the assessment, and will not share information with anyone (e.g., candidates, colleagues, etc.) without direct permission from the Commission and Pearson.
• Agree not to participate in any professional activity, beyond employment in a TK–12 school/district/county office or institution that requires candidates to use the CalAPA to fulfill the APA requirement, that results in payment for services related to supporting candidates in completing any CA-approved performance assessment. For example, TPA independent tutoring or consulting positions.
In order to score candidate submissions, assessors must complete the requisite training and meet the established calibration standards. Assessors will be paid for time spent in training, calibration, and scoring submissions.
To verify employment, the application requests your supervisor contact information and Administrative Services Credential details. This information will be used for verification purposes only.
CalAPA Assessor Expectations:
• Scoring activities are remote and assessors are expected to provide the working environment and equipment needed to complete the scoring activities (e.g., published minimum CPU and monitor recommendations)
• Assessors must meet minimum requirement for home computing hardware, monitor, and bandwidth provided by their internet service provider, in order to be eligible for the program
• For security reasons, assessors may not use shared office computers or work from institutional computer labs
• All CalAPA new hires will be required to attend a two-day training session. Sessions are typically offered in February/March of each year. After training and calibration is complete, assessors must be committed to scoring a minimum of four (4) cycles per week. Scoring is expected to take 1-1.5 hours per cycle scored for experienced assessors.
• Scoring will be available seven days per week, except for outages/system maintenance or Pearson corporate holidays
• Assessors participate in regular activities to ensure calibration to the rubrics
• A bachelor’s degree or higher (If you received your degree outside of the United States, a Foreign Equivalency Report is required stating that you have an equivalent of at least 4-year degree in the United States. It is your responsibility to obtain this report. You may email your report to HR if you receive an offer of employment).
• U. S. citizenship, resident alien status or authorized to work in the U.S.
• U.S. residency
• All scoring and other work activities must be completed in the United States
• Meet the minimum qualifications as listed above