2013 Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Application
The Mary Tabacchi Scholarship was created in 2006 through the International SPA Association Foundation and is named in honor of industry pioneer and Cornell University Associate Professor Mary H. Tabacchi, Ph.D., R.D. Students interested in a spa management-related career are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2013.
The 2013 Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Recipient Receives:
· A $5,000 scholarship for tuition reimbursement.
· A complimentary registration and travel expense stipend for the 2013 ISPA Conference & Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, Oct. 21-23.
· The recipient will be assigned a one-year mentor from the Mary Tabacchi Scholarship Selection Committee.
· A complimentary, one-year ISPA Student Membership valued at $130.
Please carefully review the eligibility requirements before completing the application as many of the prerequisites have changed. A selection committee will review applications based on the following requirements.
1. will be a junior, senior or grad student in the upcoming school year, enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s or master’s program of a related discipline, i.e. business, health science, hospitality or spa management, and pursuing a spa management/spa leadership-related career. Please note, seniors applying for this scholarship must be enrolled in classes for the fall 2013 semester to be eligible.
2. has completed or is enrolled in courses with a strong emphasis in business or science curriculum such as exercise physiology or biology.
3. has a minimum GPA (or international equivalent) of 3.0.
4. has completed or plans to complete a spa-related internship/externship. (Please note, completion of a spa-related internship/externship is recommended but not required for eligibility)
5. is involved in on- or off-campus spa-related organizations or clubs and demonstrates leadership roles held in such organizations or clubs.
6. submits the following required materials no later than April 30, 2013:
a. a completed scholarship application including detailed responses to Section 3 Essay Questions.
b. original college transcripts that include evidence of courses taken and current GPA (or international equivalent);
c. two reference letters
d. a professional resume
* Applications received later than April 30, 2013 will not be considered. If you have questions regarding eligibility contact email@example.com.
Do you meet the eligibility requirements identified above?